Countertop Sink Tips:
- Have you check your cabinet to make sure the counter top sink would fit?.
- Do you understand the difference between top mount and under mount sinks?.
- How many holes do you need for faucets and air gap ?.
- Do you want the Holes on the countertop or on the sink?.
- Where do you want the garbage disposal (right-left)?.
- Single or double bowl sink, even size bowls or one bigger?.
- Is the sink cabinet center with the window?.
- Do you need a full back splash behind the sink to protect the wall from the water?.
Do you have any questions about your countertop project or about your sink?
Please contact us by E-mail we will be happy to help you @ OC countertops.
Countertop paintable silicone.
The silicone between the wall and the back splash of your countertop should be paintable.
Paint the wall:
Sometimes new countertop installers use non-paintable caulking which looks very good till you try to paint it. That’s when you discover the mess, especially when the installer applies a thick strip of silicone because of his inexperience, or because the big gaps of an uneven wall, smearing the silicone everywhere.
Acrylic caulks are paintable and smears can be cleaned up with water. However, their lack of elasticity makes them susceptible to cracking in areas with temperature swings.
By not having nice and flat walls the back splash would end up separate from the wall on different areas creating gaps that would need to be filled with silicone.
Don’t forget that if you do it right the first time, you don’t have to deal with all the work of taking off the silicone, and probably avoiding damage on your wall.
Countertop installers use different colors of non-paintable silicone between the splash and the countertop to seal the seams, by choosing the respective color to mach the counter top to accomplish a clean and neat look.
Your Countertop Needs To Be Level:
1.To avoid water accumulation on the countertop
2.To get better countertop seams
3.To get better support under the countertop
4.To get better fit between countertop and splash
5.To avoid cracks and extra caulking.